Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where did you like about living in Finland

Where did you like about living in Finland? Hate about it?
I have enjoyed Finland for many years and I'm thinking about moving there. How is life like? What are the pros and cons? What are suggested cities to live in? I'm thinking about living in Turku or Jyväskylä...
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was just thinking of visiting there. What did you like about it?
2 :
Not bad at all, I have lived here for more than 30 years! Not too crowded place, not too stressful, though the high taxation is not for everyone! The biggest cities like Turku, Tampere, Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and my home city Oulu are the best places to live, though I also appreciate holidaying in the countryside as well. Greetings from a genuine Finn!
3 :
Probably the biggest cities are where you get by with English the best. (Though the majority of at least the younger people speak enough English so that there should not be big problems in communicating.) Though at the same time, Finns have a tendency to be a bit self-critical and thus some may not be willing to use English on their own initiative if they feel they don't speak it perfectly.






Read more discussions :

Search News