Sunday, October 7, 2012

Where did the early Finns come from

Where did the early Finns come from?
Where did the people who now live in Finland come from originally? I read somewhere that they migrated from the Ural Mountains area -- and their language is categorized in the family of Turkic languages unlike most of Europe whose languages are categorized as "Indo-European" Does this mean the Finns are originally of Turkic descent? I'm interested in learning more about the Finns.
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Finish, Hungarian and Estonian are all Fino-Ugric languages, originating from the steppes North of the Black sea. These people migrated from that area into Europe at the end of the fist millennium A.D. Indo-Europeans came form about the same place except it was in pre-historic times.
2 :
I examined my mitochondria DNA.I am Greek,I belong to U group,very common in Finland 15 per cent.The movement happened 40000 years ago I think Finns are not Turkic since Turks came from the east after the Byzantine empire





Read more discussions :

Search News