Thursday, July 21, 2011

FINLAND INFO PLEASE

FINLAND INFO PLEASE.?
I am going to live in Finland for a year. I would love to know from someone that has been there, lives there or just knows about it.. -what shoes I should get? ( snow boots/waterproof hiking boots) -is a down jacket okay for winter? -any other helpful information would be great.
Other - Destinations - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was in Finland (Helsinki) for about a week a few years back, it was Christmas time but wasn't too cold, not freezing but maybe that was just that year? Think I wore pretty much regular shoes and boots and a regular winter jacket. Btw, Finland is very expensive!
2 :
It pretty much depends on which part of Finland you will go to. In the summer it is usually warm with temperatures of +15C to over +30C in all areas of the country. The summer clothing can be compared to what you would wear in France, Italy or Spain in summer. The winters up north in Lapland are quite cold. It can often be more than -20C in the most northern parts and in the south you can experience anything from -15C to 0C. You will need some pretty warm clothes where ever you will go but a down jacket will do. As for the shoes it once again depends on which area you will live in. Here in the most southern parts (I live in Turku) the amount of snow hasn't been very high during recent years and I myself use the same shoes as in the summer :) .





Read more discussions :

Search News