Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Finland-best place to live in all of Europe

Finland-best place to live in all of Europe?
I heard that Finland is one of the best places to live in all of europe. I want to live in europe someday, and I was wondering what you all think about Finland, or any other (western) european countries as a good place for an american to live at.
Other - Destinations - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
its a fantastic counrty to live in. i want to emigrate there someday. they have good summers and proper winters like scotland used to have. its very clean and picturesk. god i want to go back now
2 :
Germany, I know a lot of military personal who loved it there. It depends what you into. Lots of sights to see, good beer, good food, clubs stay open late, you can drive as fast as you want on most highways (unless they changed that).
3 :
No, England or France are the best. I live in England, consequently i am English, and I love it! i am so happy that i was born here, it's beautiful! but France is also wonderful, it is very pretty. Finland seems boring, and as a "european" (even though we English shouldn't be classed as that **scowls**) i can see why people form other continents may think it is cool. But its not that good. : )
4 :
Finland isn't always the best place. It depends on where you want to live. Northern or Southern Finland. The weather gets pretty cold in Finland. I heard from my friend that lives there that its just warm enough to snow there.
5 :
Finland, the best? Where did you hear this from? Then again, I'd rather live anywhere in Europe other than England which is a hole. I live in Greece and enjoy the good life.
6 :
I'm sure it's great if you like giving up half your income to tax, doubling all of your living expenses, having only a few hours of daylight in winter, and weeks on end of rain and clouds. I'm sure it's wonderful.
7 :
I actually lived in Finland for 27 years. It's wonderful if you love nature and lots of space. No litter in the streets, no traffic on the roads, far more trees than people! The schools are good, and the healthcare is ok. On the negative side, the taxes are ridiculous, people aren't overly friendly unless they're drunk, and it is dark half the year. I still love it. But it certainly isn't for everyone!






Read more discussions :

Search News