Monday, September 21, 2009

HELP!! my mom lives in the united states, and my dad lives in finland, i want to live with my dad

HELP!! my mom lives in the united states, and my dad lives in finland, i want to live with my dad!!?
i used to live in Finland, thats my home country, my mom got re-married and moved to america (california), i dont get along with my step dad, and i want to move back with my dad, im 16 years old, and i think im old enough to choose where to live? i once lived with my dad, but it didnt really work out.. but im older now, and more mature, my mom wont let me go with him but my dad wants me back, what do i do?? how do i go back?? my mom wont let me, and she will fight!! i really want to go back what do i do?? please help, im really desperate..
Family - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
maybe wait 2 more years until you are 18?
2 :
It sounds like your Dad would have to file for a change of placement in the last place a court made a ruling about you.
3 :
at your age i know why you want to move. your dad lets you get away with more don't he.and the new step dad is strict. waaaaaa unless there is abuse you need to stay with your mom so you stay out of trouble.
4 :
If your father isn't able to handle this on your behalf (which he should), then... Call your local Court House or Children's Services Department (use a payphone or block your number). Ask for the contact information for the lawyer who is employed to assist children (the children's lawyer). Make an appointment with the Children's Lawyer and discuss your options. If there isn't a Children's Lawyer in your area, make a free consultation appointment with a Family Law attorney to discuss options. There may be payment alternatives for you. I really do think it's best, though, if your father handles this. I hope this help! Näkemiin!
5 :
First of all examine why it didn't work out living with your Dad in the first place. Second have a serious talk with your mom and explain that your not happy with the situation and if she loves you she will et you go to where you are happy. I have to ask though. Did something bad happen at your fathers? Is that why she wont let you go back?






Read more discussions :

Search News