Sunday, March 1, 2009

I am planing to live in Finland. I've heart lots of good and bad things around. So what can you tell me about

I am planing to live in Finland. I've heart lots of good and bad things around. So what can you tell me about?
Well, are the people as cold as the weather?
Other - Society & Culture - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
clean city, boring, dull lifeless people..
2 :
it is cloudy and in the winter they get about 6 hours a day of sunshine.... But I have always wanted to see Helsinki and I hope someday I will. Rent this, it's a Finnish comedy: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0311519/ but everyone seems so serious it's hard to realize that at first. Might give you a taste of what the people are like.
3 :
They sided with Hitler in WWII.
4 :
No, we are not cold at all. This stereotype was born in the cold war while the Soviet Union was pressuring us. Finland and its people had to keep very quiet, we couldn't comment on any subject and therefore we were a small country up in nowhere who never said anything. By having living whole my life in Finland and travelling across the Europe I can say we don't differ that much from the others. I'm sure you'd like it here. And btw, the weather isn't that bad in the south, I could say it's much better all the time than England's. :)






Read more discussions :

Search News