Saturday, March 21, 2009

how can I go live in Finland

how can I go live in Finland?
I'm 16. I was adopted as an infant and brought to the United States from Oslo, Finland. I love my family, but they changed my name, my culture, and my language. I can't even speak Finnish anymore like when I was really little. would it be possible for me, when I'm 18, to just go back and live in Oslo?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Were you adopted by Finnish parents? If you have at least one Finnish adoptive parent, you would already have Finnish citizenship. Even if you became a U.S. citizen you still would have Finnish citizenship right now. However, you may lose your Finnish citizenship at age 22 (see links below). If you are indeed a Finnish citizen, you are eligible to apply for a Finnish passport and can return to Finland when you are age 18. Finland is a member of the European Union (EU), thus Finnish citizens are allowed to live and work in any of the 27 EU nations (UK, France, Spain, Germany, Finland, etc.). You mentioned Oslo, Norway. Oslo is actually located in Norway. Did you mean you were adopted by a Finnish family who lived in Oslo, Norway? (Please clarify.) Norway is not part of the EU, but Finnish people can live in Norway provided they are working, studying at university, or have plenty of money to support themselves without needing public assistance. Be forewarned that Oslo is an extremely expensive place to live! ============ "A foreign adopted child under 12 years of age will automatically acquire Finnish citizenship if at least one of the adoptive parents is a Finnish citizen and if the adoption is recognised as valid in Finland. A local register office will enter the child's Finnish citizenship in the population register." Acquiring Finnish citizenship http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?path=8,2477,2549&language=EN Multiple nationality http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?path=8,2477,2652 Retaining Finnish citizenship at the age of 22 http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp?path=8,2477,2551 Right of residence in Norway for EU/EEA/EFTA nationals http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate-of-Immigration/Central-topics/Work-and-residence/Work-and-residence-EUEEAEFTA-citizens/
2 :
Seriously you got to get your facts correct.... Oslo is in NORWAY, not FINLAND. Two completely different countries, it's like saying Tijuana is in the US.






Read more discussions :

Search News