Thursday, September 4, 2014

Finland, Sweden beat Norway on competitiveness / News in brief / The Foreigner


Finland, Sweden beat Norway on competitiveness / News in brief / The Foreigner


The Foreigner is an online publication for English speakers living or who have an interest in Norway. Whether it’s a glimpse of news or entertainment you’re after, there’s no need to leave your linguistic armchair. You don’t need to cry over the ...


Brazil, Russia, China and Finland grab second World Championship volleyball victories


FIVB: Katowice and Gdansk, Poland, September 3, 2014 – World No 1 and three-time defending champions Brazil, No 2 and Olympic champions Russia, Finland and China claimed their second victories in as many outings in Pools B and C, as the actions continued ...


Finland's retail market struggles to find its place among the country's economic revival


Finnish retail has a problem. Although Finland's services sector is growing, its productivity tends to be lower relative to the rest of the economy. This is particularly true of Finland's retail sector, which continues to face the highest regulatory ...


FIBA World Cup live stream: Watch Finland vs New Zealand online


Finland and New Zealand square off on Wednesday morning in the Group Stage of the 2014 FIBA World Cup. Both teams enter the final day of the group stage out of the Round of 16, but a win and some cards shuffling in their favor in the remaining matches ...


Book 18: Sommerboken


Book: Sommerboken. Author: Tove Jansson. Square: A book with a one-word title. Bingo card: .Regular. Pages: 197. Genre: Fiction. Type: Novel. Language: Norwegian (orginal language: Swedish). Started reading: September. Finished reading September. Comment: This book was a pure joy to read. We follow ...


Early autumn #Outfit


I knew today was going to be a warm day so I took the opportunity to still wear sandals for maybe the last time this year. It is fairly warm outside, so it was no problem. I wish we would have a longer period in Finland when the weather would be warm enough to be able to wear slightly lighter clothe ...


TIFF14: How About a Quick Trip to Finland?


For the past several years, I have been focused on Nordic films at TIFF, a passion I developed thanks to Sprockets (now TIFF Kids) founder, and TIFF programmer, Jane Schoettle), and continues with programming by Steve Gravestock. The calibre of films from this region continues to impress me and I am ...


EP Grab Bag vol. 72


What we have here is an all European Grab Bag. As these are what was in the submitted material and what I have been fixated on personally for months now. I cannot get enough of European garage rock and basically anything lo-fi, psych or likewise. So tour Europe with me from French-German joint endea ...


(Air)ientation: Saunas and Butts


After returning from a fascinating and productive trip to Oulu, Finland, I have countless observations, and it will take me a long time to synthesize my findings into more general trends and observations. Since this is the first week of school for me, my reflections may be sporadic and certainly sca ...


(Air)ientation: Saunas and Butts


After returning from a fascinating and productive trip to Oulu, Finland, I have countless observations, and it will take me a long time to synthesize my findings into more general trends and observations. Since this is the first week of school for me, my reflections may be sporadic and certainly sca ...



Search News