Friday, August 29, 2014

Where in the world is LU?


Where in the world is LU?


BOY it's been a while. I'm currently typing this from my bedroom in France, where I live now. Yeah, That whole thing I couldn't stop worrying about worked itself out and here I am! Let me just get this out of the way and say that the most relevant excuse I can muster up to explain my absence is that ...


Thank God I Don’t talk like Google Translate


Google Translate has been a life saver for us while we’ve been here in Finland. Finnish is known to be … Continue reading →


Purple!


This tallit is literally purple on purple. I had bought the semi-sheer polyester blend in Finland years ago, thinking that I might use some of it for stripes in a more conventional tallit, but now I decided to use it as the main piece. I added a piece of iridescent Indian cotton to each end for leng ...


Världsutställningen


Världsutställningen har gått av stapeln. Detta år var den i Finland. Jag är så Stolt så jag tror jag spricker! Två Dreamwishes hundar placerade sig. WW-08, WW-10, WW-11, Int Ch, Nord Ch, FI UCH, VDH Ch, Nord V-06-07, NV-05, SE V-05-06-07-08-10, DK UCH, KBHV-07, VDH Europa Sieger-10, VDH Bundessieger ...


Dittan och dattan och lever


Hej alla. Nyss hemkommen från ett Body Pump-pass och middagen ligger i magen. Jag hann inte gå på klassen efter Pilates i morse så då fick det bli ikväll istället. Jag har som mål att gå på två Body Pump-pass i veckan så imorgon är det dags igen, redan 9.30. Kommer nog att känna mig lagom mör i musk ...


Snart helg ^^


Tja tja peeps! Helgen närmar sig med stormsteg! Imorgon är dagen då de flesta skolelever är glada och positiva för 2 dagars ledighet. Känns skönt med en paus då det har varit så mycket både den här veckan och förra veckan. Vad har ni för planer till helgen? Själv ska jag nog bara ta det lugnt. Jag o ...


Rusland moet van VS stoppen met liegen


De aanwezigheid van Russische militairen in Oekraïne blijkt uit satellietbeelden en uit uitspraken van pro-Russische Oekraïense opstandelingen. Rusland moet ermee ophouden daarover te liegen. Dit heeft de Amerikaanse VN-ambassadrice Samantha Power vanavond gezegd tijdens een spoedzitting van de VN-V ...


HEL Yeh


In spring I was walking between offices with my friend from work, both wanderlust-ing about how much we wanted to get away at the end of summer… ‘Oooh to a city!’ we said. ‘What about Budapest?’ ‘Nooo too done’ we exclaimed. ‘Prague?’ ‘Oh I’ve been…’. So we settled on Helsinki. I’ve been to other pa ...


Haruki Murakami: Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage


Maybe I am fated to always be alone, Tsukuru found himself thinking. People came to him, but in the end they always left. They came, seeking something, but either they couldn't find it, or were unhappy with what they found (or else they were disappointed or angry) and they left. One day, without war ...


Finland shopping trip


New header! It should represent my blog's theme, I hope it does :) But today I just wanted to show some cool things that I brought home from Finland... and some pictures I took on the trip as well, just so you wouldn't start thinking I'm normal :))) First, I got these lovely pink velour pants to go ...


Finland's Enevo Bags $8M for Waste-Collection Sensors


(c) 2014 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. Finnish company Enevo Oy has raised $8 million to sell its sensor-based waste-collection system internationally. Investors in the round included Draper Associates, Earlybird, Finnish Industry Investment and Lifeline ...


Finland 2015 Budget Will Violate EU Rules, Official Says


HELSINKI—Finland's budget deficit will be so large in 2015 that it will violate the European Union's budget-balance rules designed to fix the euro zone's rickety public finances, the highest-ranking civil servant at Finland's Ministry of Finance said ...



Search News