Saturday, August 23, 2014

Finland is way behind in smartphones, thanks to Nokia


Finland is way behind in smartphones, thanks to Nokia


Finnish digital technology analyst Horace Dediu made this cool chart showing how much slower smartphone adoption has gone in Finland than in other Nordic countries: Interestingly, this isn't because Finland is a backward or benighted place. It's almost ...


Finland grants 500,000 euros for the victims of the conflict in Ukraine


“The humanitarian situation in East Ukraine has deteriorated rapidly with an increase in the fighting. Women and children make up a large share of those who have had to leave their homes. These displaced people are in urgent need of lodging, food and ...


This Week I Love... #4


It's Friday again, so here I am with my weekly Friday post... except not. I'm currently in Finland, at "home" (I have a problem with word home because of reasons but to keep it short, I mean I'm at my mum's) and I just cannot bring myself to make the "usual" Friday post. It's late, and I've been enj ...


TAKE-OFF


The Wi-Fi on the train has finally let WordPress open, so now I can finally write all about what’s happened the past hours! This morning I got up and did some last check-ups, got in the car with my family and drove to Brussels Airport. The car ride was very nice, really calm, and not at all what Tes ...


Suomi - Roveniemi


Resan i Finland började med en snabbvisit i Rovaniemi där min far bor. Vi besökte Lorditorget, som är döpt efter bandet Lordi. Bandet som tagit hem Finlands enda Eurovisionvinst. Lorditorg i Rovaniemi. Kusinerna får springa av sig lite på Lorditorg Nu kan du betala även med kort! Helt galet! Självkl ...


THE MOLOTOV – RIBBENTROP PACT AND ITS SECRET PROTOCOL


1939 August 23–24 in the late hours Nazi Germany – Soviet Union signed secret Nazi–Soviet alliance Protocols Following completion of the Soviet-German trade and credit agreement, there has arisen the question of improving political links between Germany and the USSR. On 22 August 1939, one day after ...


Apple expands Volume Purchase Program to 16 new countries


Apple has just announced to developers that it has expanded the Volume Purchase program to 16 new countries. With the program, businesses and educational institutions can purchase numerous copies of apps and iBooks at one time. The expansion plans were originally announced last month. Heres the comp ...



Search News